Stand Up Paddle Boards – SUP – Rentals
SUP Indian River on the Inland Waterway Northern Michigan
Stand Up Paddleboards, also known as a SUP, are becoming more and more popular. They provide a great core work out if paddled with proper technique and build core strength while you are having fun on the water! The Inland Waterway including Burt Lake, Mullett Lake, the Crooked River *, and Indian River *, provides a great place for stand up stand up paddle boards adventures. Basic and advanced technique paddle board lessons, SUP fitness classes, lighted night adventures and guided trips are available with our PaddleFit Coach, Sheree Lincoln, who is a PaddleFit Pro Instructor. For info on SUP Lessons – click here.
Stant Up Paddle Board – SUP Rental Rates
A. Launch at DeVoe Beach, Burt Lake Near Veterans Pier*
B. Launch at Burt Lake State Park
Start at the Beach, stay in the swimming area or explore the shores of Burt Lake. Paddle in the sandy bottomed swim area or out to the Point to the South West by the Sturgeon River and on over to the State Park. Or you can paddle up the sandy East Shoreline of Burt Lake to go rock Hunting near the Seven Sisters Preserve. You also can paddle down the Indian River. Note: It takes about twice as long to paddle back up against the river current as it does to go down with the river current.* If it’s calm on the lake you can also paddle into the Sturgeon River for about 1/4 of a mile against the strong current and then scoot back out onto the lake.
2 Hours $25 ( 2 Hour Minimum)
3 Hours $30
4 Hours $40
6 Hours $50
8 Hours $60
Indian River Trip = $35 DeVoe Beach to Mullett Lake Spreads 2 1/2 hours 3 Hours is available for intermediate paddlers with experience. Read more about this trip on our Indian River Adventure Page – click here.
*Please note that during July and August the Indian River is best paddled early to mid morning due the large amount of power boat traffic. Unless you are an experienced paddle boarder you may want to avoid the river in the afternoons. Mornings on the lake are more calm before the wind comes up or as waves on the lake increase in the afternoon due to boat traffic. Waves an be fun too though! Most paddleboards plane with the waves and wind which makes for a fun ride back.
Liability Release Forms
Save time on rental day by printing and signing our liability release forms and bring them with you. To download our liability release forms visit our Downloads Page – click here.
Weekly & Multiple Day SUP Rentals
Daily and Multiple Day Rates for 1 Paddle Board*
1 Day Rental $60 (24 Hour Rental $70 – When Available)
2 Day Rental $110 ($55 per day)
3 Day Rental $150 ($50 per day)
4 Day Rental $180 ($40 per day)
5 Day Rental $200 ($40 per day)
6 Day Rental $225 ($37.50 per day)
7 Day Rental $245 ($35.00 per day)
*Multiple Board and discounts available for weekly rentals based on availability with regard to our other bookings as low as $32.50 per day. Please inquire. Delivery to cottages or homes for multiple day rentals is free within 10 Miles. One Day rentals free delivery up to 5 miles away. Daily and multiple day rentals rates for kayaks is the same as for paddle boards
1. The Imagine Surf Surfers at 9′-9″ can carry up to 300 lbs. the surfer is wide and stable. 2 Available.
2. The Speeder is a downwind board with an option seat that folds up when needed. (The speeder has a seat that you can flip up to use like a kayak instead good for windy days too). Made in USA. 1 Available.
2. The Versa Boards: Are 13′ -2′ and are made by Liquid Logic. Made in USA. They have a stadium style seat that folds up or down. They can carry multiple people, your dog or you kids. The Versa Boards also has spin cast rod holders for fishing. You can stand or sit on the Versa Boards and can fit kids or a dog on the Versa Boards with you. These are great for windy days too. 2 Available.
3. Bounce SUP Thermal Composite SUPS Made in USA. 10′-6″ and an 11″ traditional surf style SUPS and and 11’4″ Displacement Board. For more info and pictures from Stand Up Paddle Board trips and rentals click here. 3 Available.
4. Inflatable SUPs by Imagine Surf – 10-2″ Icon – Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard or It can be rented with a backpack for trips to take to other locations in your car or on the plane. 1 Available.
5. Splash Epoxy SUP Light Weight High Performance – 10-6″ 19 Pounds. Available for a premium experience. Rentals of this board is based on location and conditions regarding rocks and docks and may be based on experience or type of paddlers. 4 available.
6. Youth SUP by Matuli – 9′ Stand Up Paddle Board for kids. Furn Bright Green Board helps give pre-teens and kids a better experience with a board more their size. Yet still has same great performance and style of a full size paddle board. Soft top over epoxy. Lightweight, easier for anyone 5′ and under to paddle. 1 Available.
7. Youth SUP Pelican Vibe – 8′ Stand Up Paddle Board for kids. Indestructible polyetheylene (like a kayak is made). 1 Available.
Yoga on paddleboards sound fun? Please read more on our SUP Yoga page – click here.